Bring a Friend to School Day
If you have not registered but are interested in visiting Calverton for a day, please contact
Erica Henry (Lower/Middle School) at firstname.lastname@example.org and John Alter (Upper School) at email@example.com.
Tuesday, April 18
“Bring a Friend to School” Day is an opportunity for current Calverton students in grades 3-10 to invite friends outside of Calverton who are part of their sports teams, summer camps, church, afterschool programs, neighborhoods, etc. to spend a day with them at Calverton.
Have you ever been asked “What is Calverton like?” or “What makes Calverton so special?” Here's a chance to share what it's like to be a Calverton School student!
Space is limited so reservations for guest students will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
To participate in this program:
- Current Calverton students may invite a friend who is in the same grade.
- Calverton students are permitted to bring one friend each.
- Guest parents should complete the division-specific permission form below by Friday, April 14. Only those visitors for whom we have permission forms will be able to join us on Tuesday, April 18. Since space is limited, each guest and their host will be notified via email to confirm the visit.
On the day of the visit:
- Visiting students can travel to school with their Calverton friend, or can arrive separately and meet by the start of school. Visitors and their Calverton hosts should check-in together when they arrive at school (Grades 3 - 8 check in at Founders' Hall reception; Grades 9 and 10 check in at the Main Office). School begins at 8:10 am, students may be dropped off beginning at 8 am.
- Calverton students will most likely be participating in afterschool activities at the end of the school day. Please note that visitors will be unable to participate in these activities and transportation home at the end of the academic day needs to be arranged. Lower School ends at 3:05 pm; Middle/Upper School ends at 3:20 pm.
- Your guest should bring his or her own lunch and snack to school, or they may bring money to buy their lunch at school. For Lower School lunch options, click here and for MS/US lunch, click here.
- Please note guest’s food allergies and/or medications on the permission form.
- Guest students must adhere to the policies and procedures of The Calverton School (i.e. they must follow the Calverton dress code, classroom behavior rules, etc.).
- Our Calverton hosts should be sure to introduce their guests to their teachers and friends, and show them a great day at Calverton.
Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions or concerns.