What is the D.C. Calverton Program?
D.C. United Academy has elevated the standard of player development in partnership with The Calverton School creating D.C. Calverton Soccer Club. This club team, affiliated with D.C. United's Academy, provides opportunities for highly motivated domestic and international soccer players to challenge themselves in order to pursue soccer and education at the next level (collegiate or professional). Combining high level academics with high level athletics is what D.C. Calverton is all about. We nurture aspiring professional players at the Under-14 to Under-18 level from the Mid-Atlantic region, across the country, and around the globe. Located twenty-five miles outside of Washington, D.C., The Calverton School campus boasts the One World Residential Village and four athletic playing fields. The program will include 5-day and 7-day Residential Programs for domestic and international student-athletes, along with a Day Program option for local student-athletes. Whether living on campus or off, all programs allow for both morning and afternoon training sessions. With the affiliation with D.C. United, D.C. Calverton will offer athletes an unmatched playing experience, opportunities, and exposure.
Boarding & Day Students (Grades 8th-12th)
- Players will be placed on Calverton's Upper School team and D.C. Calverton club team.
- Open to day and boarding students.
- Both 5-day and 7-day Residence Programs are available in Calverton's One World Residential Village.
- Players live in a controlled environment which promotes an academic and athletic lifestyle to maximize the potential of a developing professional.
- Academic schedules will allow for am and pm training sessions throughout the week.
- The Calverton School provides rigorous academic to keep our players challenged academically through their International Baccalaureate Program.
- Players receive professional soccer instruction from D.C. United's Academy staff.
- The Calverton School provides remarkable facilities including 2 Bermuda grass fields, 1 stadium turf field, and a gymnasium.
Financial Aid: The Calverton School can offer financial aid for prospective student-athletes. All applications for financial aid will be reviewed by the school and club.
D.C. Calverton trains and competes year round starting in August and finishing in June. Enrolling into this program also includes an additional 3 training sessions a week in the morning for the duration of the school year.
The school/soccer year is split up into two different parts. One being the high school season and the second being the club season. Below is a typical yearly outlook for student athletes enrolled in the program.
Morning training 3 times a week
High School Training 3-4 times per week
High School Games 1-2 times per week
Scrimmages/Tournaments (TBD depending on schedule)
Morning Training 3 times per week
Club Training 3-4 times per week
Scrimmages/Tournaments/Showcases (subject to availability)
Club Games 1 Per week
For Information on the D.C. Calverton Soccer Program and The Calverton School Residential Program Please Contact:
Jason Boxx, DC United Residential Program Coordinator -email@example.com
The application process includes completing both the Academy Soccer Application and The Calverton School Application. Both applications need to be completed prior to any consideration for admittance into the program.
Emery, Michael (Tyler) Defender. Midfielder
Ferrante, Nicholas- Defender 2021
Foster, Nathan- Midfielder/Forward 2021
Frias, Tristan- Midfielder 2020
Furbert, Nathan- Defender 2021
Hernandez, Bradley- Defender/Midfield 2020
Jones-Tyrell, Jamori- Forward 2021
Lugo Elibox, Christen- Midfielder 2021
Rivers, Ethan- Midfielder
Simmons, Stefan- Defender
Valasse-Paul, Samario- Midfielder
Warner, Jazir- Midfielder