The Calverton School is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state, and local laws which prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, age (18 or older), religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, and sexual orientation.
The Calverton School is committed to hiring a world-class faculty, administration, and staff.
FIFTH GRADE TEACHER
Seeking enthusiastic individual with a strong background in elementary education to teach 5th grade for the 2018-19 school year. Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education required and must have at least 2 years of elementary teaching experience. Knowledge and prior experience with technology integration, guided reading, and project based learning preferred.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIDDLE AND UPPER SCHOOL IB SPANISH TEACHER
Independent school in Southern Maryland is seeking an experienced Spanish teacher. International Baccalaureate knowledge and experience is preferred, as courses to teach are in preparation for IB language. Teaching could span introductory through IB levels. Experience with Middle School children is preferred. Master’s degree is a plus. House parent/Room & Board available but not required.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. SCIENCE TEACHER - IB Physics and 9th grade Integrated Science
The Calverton School seeks a full-time science teacher to teach IB Physics and 9th grade Integrated Science
in the Upper School beginning in August of 2018. This position will include teaching both years of IB Physics at the Higher Level and 2 (or 3) sections of the 9th
grade Integrated Science course, advising a group of 8-12 upper school students, and participating in the co-curricular life of the school.
Members of the Calverton Science department are:
- Flexible, enthusiastic scientist-teachers with a passion for guiding students in discovering the world around them.
- Dedicated to providing their classes with opportunities to test and develop their understanding of the forces that govern our world through frequent lab experiences.
- Committed to developing well-rounded learners in keeping with the school’s International Baccalaureate Programme and Philosophy of Honor.
The ideal candidate will have previous teaching experience and familiarity with the IB Programme, the ability to both teach challenging Physics concepts at an advanced level and engage 9th graders in basic concepts of chemistry and physics. While candidates with a Masters degree or higher are preferred, all applicants should hold a BS in Physics or have significant training in Physics with a BS in a closely related field.
Additionally, as a school, we seek a candidate who has knowledge and experience in using educational technology in the classroom, who brings an active interest in engaging in a 21st century learning community, who enjoys working with teenagers, and who can contribute to campus life outside of the classroom through leadership of clubs, sports, or service.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to Jesse Mathers (Science Department Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Calverton School seeks a Business Manager to begin work on July 1, 2018. This position is responsible for business functions including payroll, human resources, benefits administration, tuition billing and collection, financial aid, gifts monitoring, account reconciliations, and other school administrative functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the school’s payroll through the Paycom system.
- Manage benefits administration including: health & dental insurance, 403b contributions, disability & life insurance, flexible spending accounts, workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation, and FMLA
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations relating to payroll and benefits
- Communicate with staff regarding updates to benefits and train employees annually.
- Process new employee paperwork and student enrollment forms
- Prepare schedules for year-end audit, retirement plan audit, and tax filings.
- Review W2s, 941’s, and 1099’s at year-end
- Administer financial aid program with Registrar
- Identify opportunities for operational efficiencies
- Other tasks and projects in the business office
Qualifications and Experience
-Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
-3-5 years Business Office (including HR) experience required
-Non-profit experience preferred
-Knowledge of applicable personnel laws and regulations and benefits administration required
-High proficiency in Excel and Word, plus software like Paycom, FAST, and Blackbaud
-Professional, independent, strategic thinker, honest, and problem solver
-Excellent oral and written skills and the ability to communicate in a service-oriented manner
-High ethical standards
-Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
To apply, email resumes and cover letters to Janice Bunch, Director of Finance/CFO at email@example.com.
PART TIME BUS DRIVER
Part Time Bus Driver needed. EXCELLENT SALARY. Morning and afternoon bus runs. Summer hours and field trips also available. Well disciplined students and limited stops. Applicant must have CDL with P and S endorsements; clean driving record and must be able to pass a criminal background check. Please contact Mr. Josh Bowen, firstname.lastname@example.org; The Calverton School, 300 Calverton School Road, Huntingtown, MD 20639; call 410-535-0216, ext. 1123 or fax resumes to 410-535-6934.
Substitute teachers needed for various grades (Kindergarten through Grade12). Must hold a high school diploma and pass a background check. FAX or email resume to:
410.535.6169 or email@example.com. For further information, please contact Debbie O’Brien at 410.535.0216 x1102.